About 11 Cadogan Gardens
11 Cadogan Gardens was built by Lord Chelsea in the late 19th century and originally comprised four separate Victorian town houses. This helps explain the myriad of corridors, staircases and hallways throughout the hotel, and why it’s not uncommon to find a bemused guest wandering the corridors having taken a wrong turn.
With a fabulous location in such a prestigious area, the hotel became vastly popular as a home from home for travelling Victorian aristocrats, politicians and bon viveurs. In that progressive era, the area was known as something of a bohemian quarter, attracting notable personalities including radicals, artists and poets.
More recently 11 Cadogan Gardens was home to a private members club, and a sense of privacy and exclusivity remains. If our walls could talk, we feel sure they would regale us with tantalising tales and glamorous gossip from days gone by.
We would like to think that we’re still an intriguing base for discerning clientele. Our distinctive style is unparalleled and we are proud to serve our guests to the highest possible standards. Intriguing, evocative and unmistakably unique – we urge you to discover 11 Cadogan Gardens for yourself.
Aim of the role
To undertake the duties of Reception/Cashiering and Reservations, making sure that the Reception Department is efficient and profitable. To ensure that guest’s needs are met where possible and to assist with the general running and control of the department.
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the Department and to establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the atmosphere of a luxury country hotel.
- To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guest names at every available opportunity.
- To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanour.
- To have a good working knowledge of all departments of the Hotel.
- To have a full understanding of all equipment within the Front Office including Opera, Paging Systems, Word and Email.
- To be familiar with all reservation tasks in order to cover this role if required.
- To be efficient and well-informed in taking restaurant reservations, in the absence of the Restaurant Manager – availability, prices and any restrictions.
- To be well-informed of the ‘market; - all aspects of accommodation as well as traditional sales areas in F & B and other hotel services.
- To record all relevant comments of appreciation, suggestions and maintenance points in order to initiate follow up.
- To know and understand the current policies and procedures of the Hotel and Spa.
- To be responsible for monies in your care as per cashiering shift and in the Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
- To ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
- To be aware of the problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills. To be familiar with how to rectify these and explain fully, adjusting if necessary.
- To be aware of complaints/problems and bring them to the attention of the Front of House Manager, Duty Manager and to offer assistance.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY
If you would like to be considered for a role at 11 Cadogan Gardens please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Anita.
Anita Bower - Human Resources Director email (via Jenn): email@example.com
11 Cadogan Gardens is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Restaurant & Bar
Bar & Lounge Assistant (48 hours per week)
Head Waiter (48 hours per week)
Waiter (48 hours per week)
Room Service Waiter (48 hours per week)
Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)