Executive Head Housekeeper
Join Chewton Glen as our Executive Head Housekeeper...
• To ensure all the guest bedrooms, Public areas, Cookery School and Staff areas are cleaned to the agreed standards.
• To ensure that keys are kept securely and that all staff respect the privacy and security of guests and staff.
• To set an annual budget and business plan for the department for each financial year in conjunction with the General Manager.
• To effectively manage the Housekeeping team, in personal & professional development training to include a Departmental induction, rotas, holidays, appraisals, disciplinary, Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
• To ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are followed providing safe appliances, fixtures and fittings and completing Risk Assessment and COSHH Assessments for all tasks and products used within the department.
• To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
• To ensure that the Housekeeping Department works to the Company specifications and standards.
• To ensure that disciplinary procedures are carried out as and when appropriate.
• To ensure that adequate staff are scheduled each week within budget, taking into consideration the fluctuating business levels. Any overtime must be previously authorised by HR/GM/MD.
• To hold departmental meeting every six weeks with agenda and minutes and ensure that a representative from the department attends the daily communication meeting.
• To continually review procedures and practices within the department to ensure maximum efficiency and minimum cost, whilst still achieving high standards.
• To attend Senior Management Meetings on a monthly basis, passing on appropriate information to the Housekeeping team.
• To liaise with the Facilities Manager regarding all faults.
• To liaise with suppliers and to supervise the purchasing of all Housekeeping items and ensure stock levels are kept to an absolute minimum. Overseeing any stocktakes.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Claire.
Claire Parrett - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283053 / Email: email@example.com
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now