Join Chewton Glen as a Sous Chef, ensuring all food preparation and dishes are made to the standards laid by the Company.
• Responsible to the Head Chef or Senior Sous chef during service for timing and progress of all dishes.
• Responsibility for the Kitchen operation in the absence of the Senior Sous Chef and Head Chef.
• To assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen brigade when required.
• To control wastage and to help maintain food costs.
• To ensure that in the preparation and presentation of food, the highest standards are maintained at all times.
• To keep both the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef appraised of any problems within the Kitchen. These would include staff, Health & Safety, equipment, and any other areas connected with the Kitchen organisation.
• Assist in the responsibility for the operation of various sections within the Kitchen.
• To work towards and ensure a positive relationship exists between the Restaurant and the Kitchen.
• To constantly focus on guest care and service. Ensuring that everything that is done well improves and enhances the guest experience.
• To be fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
• To ensure that the correct and same ingredients are used as specified by the Head Chef to ensure quality is upheld at all times.
• To assist the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef to effectively achieve and identify with a concise repertoire of dishes.
• To maintain and constantly develop the finest selection of dishes that compromise the menus that the Company offer in conjunction with the standards laid by the Company.
• To direct responsibility for all dishes served in your section.
• Attend any necessary training sessions or meetings.
• To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
• To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Health Spa Manager or Health Spa Supervisor.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.