Join Chewton Glen as our Facilities Manager, you will effectively and pro-actively maintain the high standards of maintenance within the grounds of the property and all of its facilities.
• Liaise with the General Manager on a weekly basis to decide on the priorities of jobs to assist smooth running of the department
• To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, alter to meet these requirements if achievable and if not, report any faults to the General Manager for approval to action
• To have a long term, effective preventative maintenance plan
• To have a proactive plan when dealing with general maintenance
• To highlight potential problems/barriers to completing task to the General Manager
• To effectively manage the maintenance team in personal and professional development including rotas, holiday requests, appraisals, disciplinary, training and development.
• To delegate work load between the maintenance team to ensure deadlines are met
• To respond to emergency calls for maintenance from all departments
• To ensure all priority maintenance jobs are completed
• To be able to respond to changes in job priorities at short notice
• To call out contractors and raise purchase orders as required
• Liaise with Duty Managers, Heads of Department and others as required
• To be aware of your responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act
• To attend staff and deputies meetings
• Participate in the out-of-hours standby and call out rota
• Participate in weekend and bank holiday rota coverage
• Attend any necessary training sessions or meetings
• Offer a high standard of customer care to guests at all times
• Be well presented at all times
• Complete any other reasonable task as required by your line manager
• To make sure that Company Policies, the promise and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations
• To work with in budgetary constraints
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Claire.
Claire Parrett - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283053 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Cookery Class Technician
Chef de Partie