Night Porter (26 hours per week)
26 hours per week
Join Chewton Glen as a Night Porter, you will be solely responsible for the security of the Hotel at night ensuring that any guests needs are taken care of to the standards set by the Company.
• To assist the Duty Manager and all departments.
• To have intimate knowledge of Geography of the Hotel and all fuse boxes.
• To be familiar with fire training and fire drill practices.
• To assist the Night Auditor in giving 24-hour service to guests.
• To assist the Early Morning staff (Bakers, Cleaners, Restaurant, Kitchen
Porters) by issuing keys, stores, sorting out equipment problems and assisting with service where necessary.
• To communicate with the early Duty Manager through the Duty Manager Book or verbally on any on-going problems encountered in the night.
• To ensure the stillroom is tidy and ready for early breakfast.
• To order newspapers as per list. Check forward planner for any other additional papers required for conferences.
• To ensure the lounges, terraces and public areas are tidy and free of Restaurant and Bar items and ready for final cleaning by Housekeeping.
• To be familiar with EPOS system to enter breakfast orders and any other room or bar service on to system.
• To be able to diplomatically handle intoxicated late night revellers in not allowing them to disturb other guests or damage Hotel Property.
• To have knowledge of the location of Housekeeping items and key to stores.
• To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
• To establish a courteous, helpful, and friendly attitude to all guests at all times.
• To be fully aware of the Hotels Fire safely procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
• Assist with servicing, room service and guest transfers for the treehouses.
• To ensure electric buggies are fully charged and in place for morning shift.
• Assist maintenance by conducting nightly light bulb checks and replacing what can safely be replaced.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Claire.
Claire Parrett - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283053 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now