Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
To plan, organise and to look after all TH guest-related tasks and procedures. To run the back and front operations in the Treehouse smoothly and with a personal touch in order to ensure a personal luxury experience for all our Treehouse guests.
Front of House:
- To be the first line of address for all Treehouse guests during their stay.
- To organise special requests for all Treehouse guests.
- To check-in Treehouse guests together with Treehouse Receptionist and to organise their luggage transfers with a porter. To grant early check-ins wherever possible.
- To assist the Treehouse Receptionist with check-outs and the organisation of luggage transfer. To grant late check-outs wherever possible.
- To organise Pick-Ups, dinner reservations and special requests for the Treehouse guests.
- To provide first-class professional service for our Treehouse guests.
Back of House / Preparations:
- To check all electronic devices in the rooms before arrival.
- To keep all the Treehouse area clean, tidy and appealing for guests. To be in close contact with Maintenance and Gardeners in order to keep the whole area fully functional and well maintained.
- To decorate the Treehouses and Treehouse Buggies seasonally if needed (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.)
- To create a detailed TH guest list of the guests in house with special requests (diets etc.) which is given to Room Service as a support for their operations.
- To ensure that staff levels are at all times appropriate (organisation of rotas with TH Receptionist, TH Concierges and also with TH Housemen)
- To carry full responsibility for everything that involves the Treehouses, to act proactively and to ensure that every guest journey runs smoothly and to the guests’ desires.
- To ensure that the Duty Manager and Front of House Manager are informed about the TH guests and their journeys.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- To have a warm, friendly, helpful manner to guests and to all staff.
- To have intimate knowledge of the geography of the Treehouses and knowledge of all technical switches and all fuse boxes, boilers, showers, baths, Delonghi coffee machines, TVs, internet, Sky Box, PlayStation 3, dishwasher, wood burner, Crave units, Rauk Audio Systems, telephones, hot tubs, air-conditioning units underneath the Treehouses & potential power cut back-up plans.
- To complete fire training and fire drill practices for the Treehouses.
- To have the knowledge of the location of Housekeeping items and keys to stores of same i.e. fibre pillows, shaving and dental kits, irons and ironing boards, blankets, water bottles, fan heater, fan cooler, bed boards etc, in order to assist the TH Housekeeping Team.
- To have the knowledge of food & beverage menus essential.
- To assist F&B room service teams with special dining requirements.
- To have the knowledge of Concierge Services locally.
- To be able to use the Opera and credit card system to check out departures.
- To be able to drive TH Buggies.
- To be able to clean and fill hot tubs in order to support housekeeping team when necessary.
- To be able to work without supervision and to find bespoke solution for each requirement that concerns the Treehouses.
Present Routine of Duties
- To get handover from Opera, the reception team and the Duty Manager about all TH guests, and to ensure that there is appropriate staffing for the TH.
- To update the guest list.
- To attend the morning meeting.
- To check the main concierge hut store, to ensure that par stock levels are correct.
- To check the buggies to ensure that they are well maintained and have fully charged batteries.
- To liaise with Maintenance & Housekeeping regarding potential issues or necessary repair works.
- To go to the Treehouses and ensure on site that the stay-over rooms are appropriately serviced and the guests are not disturbed in their routine.
- To ensure that all hot tubs from departure rooms are cleaned in time so that the rooms can be turned around for the arrivals from 3.00pm – the activity of refilling the hot tubs needs to begin by 1pm at the very latest, for it to be ready for arrival guests.
- To ensure that evening turndown service is done at appropriate times, and dinner times are taken into consideration.
- To try and meet all TH guests daily for personal interaction and to ensure all requests are being fulfilled.
- To prepare everything for special requests & check every single arrival room once returned by housekeeping.
- To ensure that special requests for hampers / treatments / F&B etc are communicated with the appropriate departments via email.
- To be proactive with telephone contact to guests (assuming we do not already know what time they are arriving), so that you are able to plan the arrival journey efficiently.
- To check-in guests on arrival. Assist with check-outs if & when necessary.
- To issue the TH guest list with all special requirements and to ensure that this knowledge is shared with all concerned staff in any department.
- To assisting with the main house wherever possible if all Treehouse related activities have been exhausted.
- To check future reservations in Opera, with a view to working ahead.
- To complete at the end of the shift, the hand back over to Opera, Room service, the reception team, the Duty Manager and to Maintenance Team.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY
NB: You will need to hold a full clean driving licence and be at least 21 years of age due to Chewton Glen Insurance Restrictions.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Breakfast Chef (40 hours per week)
Staff Meals Assistant (6 hours per week)
Demi Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Commis Pastry Chef (48 hours per week)
Receptionist (24 hours per week)
Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
General Housekeeping Assistant (40 hours per week)
Floor Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Laundry Assistant (40 hours per week)
Early Morning Cleaner (6 hours per week)