Assistant Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Join Chewton Glen as Assistant Restaurant Manager. Your role will aim to drive the Restaurant forward by motivating the Team at all times, to increase profitability by reducing costs and wastage whilst increasing spends and business and to improve productivity by improving and maintaining the working environment.
• To ensure a smooth running service is implemented and adhered to by all staff members by means of training and supervision.
• To look at new methods which can be utilised to improve standards and provide a consistent service.
• To control, purchase and maintain levels and quality of silver, crockery, linen and dining room furniture through stock takes, cleaning rotas and regular spot checks.
• To ensure that training is carried out on the correct procedures for cleaning, cutlery polishing and burnishing and also correct use of chemicals.
• To provide a system of control of perishables used with the Restaurant that takes into account usage, par stock and cost of items.
• To ensure sufficient amounts of stationery, brochures and marketing materials at all times.
• To work alongside the Restaurant Manager on recruitment and induction programmes. This will ensure all new staff are settled in and shown all relevant information.
• To ensure that regular training is provided and recorded to ensure ongoing improvements.
• To regularly provide questionnaires to rate ongoing training.
• To take responsibility for service in the area of the Restaurant under your responsibility during your shift.
• To assist the Restaurant Manager in the preparation and presentation of training programmes, briefings and SOP’s.
• To report, monitor or handle small disciplinary matters.
• To be aware and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
• To ensure that all guest wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
• To ensure that all staff call guests by their correct name and title.
• To assist with the Restaurant administration as allocated at twice monthly Management meetings.
• To ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner following standards set.
• To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and signed at completion of each meal.
• To collate information and feedback while attending all staff briefings before each service.
• To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and to pass on such to the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants.
• To assist in preparation, presentation and recording of training sessions.
• To maintain good communication between Kitchen/Restaurant and other departments on a daily basis re specials, shortages and special dietary requirements.
• To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Restaurant Manager or his Assistants.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Breakfast Chef (40 hours per week)
Staff Meals Assistant (6 hours per week)
Demi Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Commis Pastry Chef (48 hours per week)
Receptionist (24 hours per week)
Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
General Housekeeping Assistant (40 hours per week)
Floor Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Laundry Assistant (40 hours per week)
Early Morning Cleaner (6 hours per week)