Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
48 hours per week
To assist in driving the Restaurant forward by motivating the Team at all times, to increase profitability by reducing costs and wastage whilst increasing spends and business and to improve productivity by improving and maintaining the working environment.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in overseeing the management of the Restaurant and Room Service.
- To take responsibility of the running of those outlets in the absence of the Restaurant Manager.
- To be alert and ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Company.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager with the administration of the Restaurant.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager with the preparation and presentation of training and briefings to the Company’s specification.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager with disciplinary matters within the Restaurant.
- To be constantly aware and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met as far as is reasonably possible.
- To ensure that all staff call guests by their names where possible.
- To communicate with other departments.
- To organise and supervise proper mise en place of Restaurant and Room Service.
- To liaise with Reception regarding table reservations and special requests.
- To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough and correct.
- To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and to pass on such to the Restaurant Manager and Duty Manager.
- To keep staff informed of Restaurant and Hotel goals, budgets and standards.
- To liaise with the Chef regarding customer feedback, possible improvement, daily menus and business.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To assist in the reaching of financial goals for the Food and Beverage department.
- To ensure that the Restaurant and Room Service areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Restaurant Manager or duty Manager any faults, as well as completing maintenance requests.
- To show a constant united front of management to the staff.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.