Head Waiter (48 hours per week)
48 hours per week
Join Chewton Glen as a Head Waiter, assisting the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants in the organisation and supervision of the service in the Restaurant and Room Service areas.
- To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide explanations as requested.
- To communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants in keeping the morale of the Team up through social and educational events.
- To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
- To assist with mise en place through distribution of tasks and to ensure the monitoring and completion of tasks is done properly and in time allocated.
- To take responsibility for service in the area of the Restaurant under your responsibility during your shift.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants in the preparation and presentation of training programmes, briefings and SOP’s.
- To report, monitor or handle small disciplinary matters.
- To be aware and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guest wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To ensure that all staff call guests by their correct name and title.
- To assist with the Restaurant administration as allocated at twice monthly Management meetings.
- To welcome, sit and take food orders from guests in the Lounge or Restaurant.
- To ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner following standards set.
- To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and signed at completion of each meal.
- To collate information and feedback while attending all staff briefings before each service.
- To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and to pass on such to the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants.
- To ensure overall responsibility of the running of your station, private function or room service.
- To assist in preparation, presentation and recording of trainings sessions.
- To maintain good communication between Kitchen/Restaurant and other departments on a daily basis re specials, shortages and special dietary requirements.
- To ensure that the Restaurant and Room Service areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Restaurant Manager or his Assistants.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Apprentice Gardener (40 hours per week)
Receptionist (24 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Gardener (40 hours per week)
General Housekeeping Assistant (40 hours per week)
Head Spa Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Floor Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Laundry Manager (48 hours per week)