Join Chewton Glen as a waiter, assisting in the smooth running of The Dining Room.
- To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide explanations if requested.
- To communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision Statement are followed and utilised at all times.
- To be aware of all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To do mise en place, cleaning and service in the Restaurant.
- To ensure that all tasks set are completed in the time allocated and to the standard set by the Company.
- To transport and serve Room Service to the standard laid by the Company.
- To ensure that all dishes are transported to the Restaurant and that the station is clean and clear throughout the service.
- To report all comments/complaints/problems to the Head Waiter.
- To liaise with the Head Waiter to ensure that the preparations and mise en place are correct and to the standard set by the Company.
- To assist the Head Waiter in ensuring the station is ready for service.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of the location of each room in the Hotel and of the quickest way to reach them.
- To ensure that all trays taken to the rooms are checked by the Head Waiter before being delivered.
- To use guests’ names at all times.
- To ensure that service is discrete and efficient at all times.
- To ensure that you attend all training, briefings and meetings.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.