Cookery Class Technician (25 hours per week)
Join our new Cookery School as a Cookery Class Technician, 25 hours per week.
- Collection of ingredients from stores, main kitchen or within the Cookery School building
- Accurate weighing, measuring and counting of all prep
- Preparation of dry ingredients (flour, sugar etc.), dairy, meat, fish and shellfish
- Partial or full cooking of recipes to be used in cookery demonstrations
- Preparation of workstations and classroom
- Setup of equipment and ingredients on and around workstations as per specification for each class
- Ensuring that each workstation has all necessary equipment and ingredients or that all these are located close to hand when needed
- Warm welcome, helpful and courteous, respectful of individual guest needs
- Assisting with the smooth running of cookery demonstrations
- Assist teaching guests after Chef Tutor or guest chef has demonstrated or given instructions to guests
- Clearing equipment and ingredients away at appropriate times,
- Liaising with restaurant pot wash to ensure timely turnaround of washing up whilst also taking into consideration the demands of the restaurant during peak times
- Wash up equipment in absence of kitchen porter
- Appropriate level of cleaning of workstations between tasks/recipes
- Quickly and accurately placing new equipment and ingredients on each workstation as needed
- Deal with or pass on guest queries, feedback, issues, concerns or problems in an appropriate and sensitive manor.
- Assist guests in packaging their food for take away
- Clear and clean kitchen ready for next class, resetting workstations so that each is immaculate for every new guest
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Breakfast Chef (40 hours per week)
Staff Meals Assistant (6 hours per week)
Demi Chef de Partie (48 hours per week)
Commis Pastry Chef (48 hours per week)
Receptionist (24 hours per week)
Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
General Housekeeping Assistant (40 hours per week)
Floor Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Laundry Assistant (40 hours per week)
Early Morning Cleaner (6 hours per week)