Waiter - 25 hours
Join our new Cookery School as a Waiter/Waitress, 25 hours per week.
• To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
• To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide explanations if requested.
• To communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
• To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision Statement are followed and utilised at all times.
• To be aware of all services offered in the Hotel.
• To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
• To do mise en place, cleaning and service in the Restaurant.
• To ensure that all tasks set are completed in the time allocated and to the standard set by the Company.
• To transport and serve Room Service to the standard laid by the Company.
• To ensure that all dishes are transported to the Restaurant and that the station is clean and clear throughout the service.
• To report all comments/complaints/problems to the Head Waiter.
• To liaise with the Head Waiter to ensure that the preparations and mise en place are correct and to the standard set by the Company.
• To assist the Head Waiter in ensuring the station is ready for service.
• To ensure that you are fully aware of the location of each room in the Hotel and of the quickest way to reach them.
• To ensure that all trays taken to the rooms are checked by the Head Waiter before being delivered.
• To use guests’ names at all times.
• To ensure that service is discrete and efficient at all times.
• To ensure that you attend all trainings, briefings and meetings.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Bar & Lounge Assistant (48 hours per week)
Waiter (48 hours per week)
Room Service Waiter (48 hours per week)
Assistant Head Sommelier (48 hours per week)
Assistant Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Sommelier de Rang (48 hours per week)
Bar & Lounge Manager (48 hours per week)
Central Reservationist (40 hours per week)
Receptionist (24 hours per week)
Night Porter (30 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Telephonist (16 hours per week)