Healthy Eating Habits
Hopefully you may now also wish to make wise eating choices. Remember it is important to listen to your stomach, eat smaller meals, chew your food and eat according to hunger.
Make sure to keep your diet, post cleanse, high in raw vegetable and fruits, low in common allergens such as wheat and dairy and we suggest you do not eat meat more than once week to keep the digestion up to speed. Both juices and smoothies are excellent sources of concentrated fresh nutrients that are easy to absorb without burdening the digestive system and therefore are excellent healthy choices to include on your daily menu.
- Do not overeat! Listen to your body. Discover the amount of food that your body needs to live a vibrant, healthy life.
- Eat slowly and chew your food well. Saliva has enzymes that assist in digestion. The enzymes in saliva can digest up to 80 percent starch, 30 percent protein and 10 percent fat.
- Be relaxed. Try to unwind when eating.
- Decide ahead of time what you want to eat and the amount rather than eating from an urge.
- Work at making healthy food appealing. A banana and pear taste great without preparation but having them sliced, sprinkled with chopped dates and chilled in the refrigerator will maintain your enthusiasm for eating healthy.
- Discern the difference between cravings and hunger. Never feed your emotions by eating from stress, depression or boredom.
- You should feel satisfied with smaller amounts of food and sluggish and tired when overeating. Rich foods full of fat, salt and processed sugars will cause nausea, headaches and weakness. A handful of fruit will be thoroughly satisfying. Because the digestive system has to work less, there will be boundless energy to spare.
Please see details of the full programme >>
Check out our detox inspiration board on pinterest >>
Single rates start from £2,750.00 per person per retreat staying in a Treehouse Studio Suite. Double occupancy rates available on request.
Dates: 21st to 25th April 2013. Rooms and Suites subject to availability.
Reservations: BOOK ONLINE >>/ Tel: 01425 282212