Seasonal Dinner Party
£155 per person
Here at Chewton Glen we celebrate every season by creating dishes inspired by ingredients that are currently available, meaning the dishes made during this class change four times a year. If you have ever worried about what to cook or how to get ready for entertaining without spending the whole time in the kitchen then this class is for you. Not only do we focus on great tasting, seasonal food but also on plating up with different ways to impressively present your dishes and making the preparation as stress-free as possible.
If you are looking for seasonal dishes to boost your cookery skills that do not compromise on flavours, our Season Eating classes might be what you are looking for.
Summer Dishes for June, July & August
- Smoked duck breast, crisp pancetta, rocket, pickled shallots and cherries
- Pan fried sea bass, miso glazed aubergines, broad beans and toasted sesame seeds
- Strawberry and white balsamic jelly with elderflower yoghurt and almond brittle
- Gooseberry Eccles-style cakes for cheese
Autumn Dishes for September, October & November
- Honey roast figs with blue cheese and walnuts
- Pan fried guinea fowl breast with porcini, leek and bacon risotto
- Pear and chocolate tart with pear liqueuer cream
- Apple and blackberry turnovers
Dishes may be subject to slight change to reflect the seasonal produce available.
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with your Chef Tutor and enjoy a run through of the day.
In the middle of the day we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied with a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.30-4.00pm, take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!