£155 per person
Here at Chewton Glen we celebrate every season by creating dishes inspired by ingredients that are currently available. During this class you will have the opportunity to see the seasonal produce currently growing in our greenhouse and learn a repertoire of quick and simple, delicious dishes perfect for mid-week meals, family supper times and casual entertaining. There will also be plenty of hints and tips on preparing in advance and how to adapt the recipes to use different seasonal ingredients throughout the year.
If you are looking for seasonal dishes for any occasion when you are looking to impress your guests with fantastic flavours and presentation then you might prefer our Seasonal Dinner Party classes.
Summer Dishes for June, July & August
- Dill crusted salmon with courgette and fennel salad
- BBQ-style Jamaican jerk chicken with coconut “rice and peas” salad
- Sticky blackcurrant and blueberry cake
- Strawberry and raspberry slice tray bake
Autumn Dishes for September, October & November
- Swedish meatballs with apple and celeriac remoulade
- Braised chicken thigh, Portobello mushrooms, leek and chestnut pie
- Baked pear, blackberry and stem ginger pudding
- Plum, hazelnut and marzipan cake
Dishes may be subject to slight change to reflect the seasonal produce available.
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with your Chef Tutor and enjoy a run through of the day.
In the middle of the day we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied with a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.30-4.00pm, take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!