Midweek from £185 per person
Here at Chewton Glen we celebrate each season with dishes inspired by the time of year.
If you are looking for seasonal inspiration for casual entertaining, family dinners at home or are simply stuck in a rut with mid-week meals our Seasonal Eating classes are for you. With impressive flavours and minimum fuss we guide you through how to make the most of seasonal recipes. You will learn what can be made in advance or freeze and also how to adapt each recipe to use other ingredients depending what is in season when you recreate them again at home.
For seasonal dinner parties and entertaining with a flair for presentation you might be interested in our Seasonal Dinner Party classes.
Chef Tutor – Rob Cottam
Spring Dishes for March, April & May
- Lamb wraps with roasted vegetables, harissa dressing, tzatziki
- Hoisin braised pork belly, chargrilled broccoli with chilli and garlic
- Polenta, almond and limoncello cake with vanilla mascarpone cream
- Rhubarb, orange and ginger muffins
Summer Dishes for June, July & August
- Dill crusted salmon with courgette and fennel salad
- BBQ-style Jamaican jerk chicken with coconut “rice and peas” salad
- Sticky blackcurrant and blueberry cake
- Strawberry and raspberry slice tray bake
Autumn Dishes for September, October & November
- Swedish meatballs with apple and celeriac remoulade
- Braised chicken thigh, Portobello mushrooms, leek and chestnut pie
- Baked pear, blackberry and stem ginger pudding
- Plum, hazelnut and marzipan cake
Dishes may be subject to slight change to reflect the seasonal produce available.
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with Rob and a run through of the day.
In the middle of the day we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied with a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.30-4.00pm, take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!
Midweek course £185 per person
Weekend course £225 per person