Cook with Venetian Chef Daniele Turco
£175 per person
Situated at the mouth of the Grand Canal in the heart of Venice with views of the Santa Maria della Salute lies The Gritti Palace. Join Executive Chef Daniele Turco for a truly unique day of Italian cookery. During the day, Daniele will lead you through his famous Venetian recipes for a selection of cichetti (Venice’s version of tapas style bites) all of which follow the seasons and incorporate only the freshest of ingredients.
Selection of Venetian cichetti (small bites):
- Sarde in Saor (Sardines marinated with onions)
- Baccala mantecato on white polenta (Salt cod whipped with olive oil, milk and anchovies on white polenta)
- Moscardini su insalatina di ceci (Musky octopus on chickpea puree)
- Raviolo nero con pesce e crostacei alla buranella e spinaci saltati al limone e Brodetto di pesce (Black ink ravioli with rockfish and crustaceans “Buranella” style, sautéed spinach with lemon confit and fish broth)
- Tiramisu with Mascarpone cheese, pasteurized egg yolk, pasteurized egg white, lady fingers or savoiardi biscuit, coffee espresso
- Pastiera, an Italian dessert with fresh ricotta and shortcrust pastry
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with Daniele and a run through of the day.
In the middle of the day we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied with a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.00pm, take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!