Sales & Marketing Manager
About 11 Cadogan Gardens
11 Cadogan Gardens was built by Lord Chelsea in the late 19th century and originally comprised four separate Victorian town houses. This helps explain the myriad of corridors, staircases and hallways throughout the hotel, and why it’s not uncommon to find a bemused guest wandering the corridors having taken a wrong turn.
With a fabulous location in such a prestigious area, the hotel became vastly popular as a home from home for travelling Victorian aristocrats, politicians and bon viveurs. In that progressive era, the area was known as something of a bohemian quarter, attracting notable personalities including radicals, artists and poets.
More recently 11 Cadogan Gardens was home to a private members club, and a sense of privacy and exclusivity remains. If our walls could talk, we feel sure they would regale us with tantalising tales and glamorous gossip from days gone by.
We would like to think that we’re still an intriguing base for discerning clientele. Our distinctive style is unparalleled and we are proud to serve our guests to the highest possible standards. Intriguing, evocative and unmistakably unique – we urge you to discover 11 Cadogan Gardens for yourself.
Aim of the role
To be fully responsible for all activities within the sales and marketing function at 11 Cadogan Gardens including rooms and F&B whilst working closely with the management team on and off site.
To be accountable for budgets and understand the bigger picture when driving sales and bottom line profit.
- To manage the entire sales strategy and work closely with the offsite sales team to develop a strategy for key account management or MICE and corporate accounts
- Manage and grow key local accounts and Private Dining business by owning the local activity
- Complete annualised contracts for key partnership programmes and RFP’s
- Carry out at least 5 proactive sales appointments per week
- Hold and carry out fam trips on property and drive activity to deliver results
- To be a brand champion and understand the entire brand positioning and hotel objectives
- To ensure projects are executed for all market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan with emphasis to increase sales and profitability
- To develop new literature as required and deliver to time and budget
- To measure cost, results and follow up, for every promotional activity undertaken
- To develop special promotions to drive revenue into required ‘soft’ periods, build guest loyalty and generate publicity through effective campaigns
- To develop and maintain the hotel’s advertising programme whilst monitoring expenditure and adhering to the budget
- Ensure direct mail campaigns (including the Newsletter and key mailings) are conducted in a timely and cost effective fashion in line with agreed budgets
- To take full responsibility for the digital marketing campaign including website, social media and e marketing strategy
- Understand the importance and implications of GDPR and manage the database and activities accordingly
- Understand the importance of the PR function within the business to drive and position the brand
- Manage any 3rd party partners to deliver an effective plan in line with budgeted expectations
- To attend weekly revenue meetings and contribute to the development of the ADR growth and Rev Par strategy
- To understand the market segmentation in line with the budget and drive the required areas forward to exceed targets
- To work closely with the Revenue Manager to understand need markets in order to drive sales activity
- To work with the F&B departments to deliver revenue targets for these important incremental areas of the business
- Write and deliver the annual sales and marketing plan alongside a monthly action plan for follow up
- Ensure the proper tracking is taking place in key markets to analyse and review monthly
- Keep the Sales and Marketing function and Heads of Department fully abreast of all sales and marketing programmes and events
- Maintain a flow of communication with external representation companies and partners
- Attend meetings to contribute to the businesses – including head of department meetings, forecast meeting, strategic team meetings and owner stake holder meetings as required
- Liaison with other departments to ensure sales messages and key strategies are delivered
- To complete the owners update – A weekly sales and marketing summary of activity for the General Manager and Managing Director
- Prepare and deliver reporting as required to the General Manager
- Co-ordinate and develop the annual hotel budget in conjunction with the Finance Director, Commercial Director and General Manager
- Execute regular market assessment of local competitors
- To be a key member of the management team and provide leadership within the hotel
- Provide a consistent sales effort with quality execution and adherence to the standards required of a world-class 5 star hotel.
- Undertake any cross sell projects or joint promotions that involve maximising economies of scale with Iconic Luxury Hotels.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY
If you would like to be considered for a role at 11 Cadogan Gardens please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Anita.
Anita Bower - Human Resources Director email (via Jenn): firstname.lastname@example.org
11 Cadogan Gardens is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Head Waiter (48 hours per week)
Waiter (48 hours per week)
Room Service Supervisor (48 hours per week)
Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Commis Sommelier (48 hours per week)