Day/Night Porter (40 hours per week)
40 Hours Per Week
Join Chewton Glen as a Day/Night Porter, ensuring that arriving and departing guests are taken care of to the standards set by the company.
- To ensure the efficient and safe transferral of luggage.
- To meet and see off all arriving and departing guests during shift.
- To ensure all arriving Hotel and Restaurant guests’ cars are parked, if required.
- To ensure departing guests’ car windscreens are washed.
- To ensure no guests are left waiting in any are of the Front Hall or public areas for an excessive amount of time (more than 5 minutes) without being spoken to.
- To assist with taking coats and returning them to arriving and departing Restaurant or Conference Guests.
- To ensure all public areas are tidy and set up at all times to the required standard.
- To ensure good ground floor cloakrooms are kept to the required standards throughout the day with the items being replaced as required.
- To set up and clear down the Terrace and Poolside areas to the required standards.
- To assist Reception in peak periods with guest enquiries, issuing of keys etc.
- Establishing a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times.
- To ensure all messages are delivered to recipients promptly and according to their wishes.
- To be responsible for answering enquiries and assisting guests with queries, routes, etc.
- To carry our cleaning schedule as per instructions/standards.
- To assist guests with hire of golf clubs and bicycles.
- To assist in any area as required and perform any reasonable tasks as requested by Management.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the vision are followed at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- To assist the Duty Manager and all departments.
- To have intimate knowledge of Geography of the Hotel and all fuse boxes.
- To be familiar with fire training and fire drill practices.
- To assist the Night Auditor in giving 24-hour service to guests.
- To assist the Early Morning staff (Bakers, Cleaners, Restaurant, Kitchen
Porters) by issuing keys, stores, sorting out equipment problems and assisting with service where necessary.
- To communicate with the early Duty Manager through the Duty Manager Book or verbally on any on-going problems encountered in the night.
- To ensure the stillroom is tidy and ready for early breakfast.
- To order newspapers as per list. Check forward planner for any other additional papers required for conferences.
- To ensure the lounges, terraces and public areas are tidy and free of Restaurant and Bar items and ready for final cleaning by Housekeeping.
- To be familiar with EPOS system to enter breakfast orders and any other room or bar service on to system.
- To be able to diplomatically handle intoxicated late night revellers in not allowing them to disturb other guests or damage Hotel Property.
- To have knowledge of the location of Housekeeping items and key to stores.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To establish a courteous, helpful, and friendly attitude to all guests at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Hotels Fire safely procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- Assist with servicing, room service and guest transfers for the treehouses.
- To ensure electric buggies are fully charged and in place for morning shift.
- Assist maintenance by conducting nightly light bulb checks and replacing what can safely be replaced.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV to Graham.
Graham Chambers - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283053 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Spa Therapist (24 Hours Per Week)
Spa Therapist (40 hours)
Spa Operations Manager (40 hours per week)
Spa Membership Sales Manager (24 hours per week)
Spa Attendant (40 hours per week)
Fitness Instructor (Maternity Cover - 11 hours per week)
Head Spa Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Pool Bar Assistant (16 hours per week)
Management & Other
Day/Night Porter (40 hours per week)
Receptionist (40 hours per week)
Assistant Night Manager (40 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)