Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Join Chewton Glen as a Duty Manager, the purpose of this role is to ensure the well being of all guests during their time at the hotel, maintain a high level of host presence throughout and ensure the overall smooth running of the hotel at all times when on duty.
• To ensure that accommodation for arriving VIP’s and those staying is prepared to the agreed standard.
• To introduce yourself to all residential guests and hosts of events and parties upon arrival.
• To room all VIP and important guests personally assuring a very positive first impression.
• To liaise with guests and ensure a strong host presence at all times, passing relevant information onto staff especially specific requirements or arrangements.
• To perform duty management as detailed on the management rota.
• To ensure that the standards of service in all areas meet the required levels.
• To deal with complaints quickly and efficiently and find suitable solutions to any problems that may arise, communicating issues the MD and colleagues in a constructive and clear manner.
• To assume responsibility for the running of the Hotel in the absence of senior management.
• To co-ordinate guests and staff during an emergency and have good knowledge of fire procedures.
• To be aware of and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
• To ensure guests wishes are met if not exceeded so far as is reasonably possible.
• To ensure that all staff address guests by their correct name and title.
• To liaise well with all departments, ensuring that communication of the day’s activity is clear and understood.
• To make sure that Company policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
• To liaise with Reception and Housekeeping regarding arrival rooms and prioritisation where applicable.
• To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and top pass on such to the MD and other relevant HOD’s.
• To complete daily inspection of all hotel facilities ensuring a checklist is completed.
• To complete a Daily programme detailing all of the following days important notes including specific guest requirements or complaints and a BEO Summary.
• To ensure that all areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
• To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with the Health and Safety regulations, reporting any faults to the Maintenance and or Operations Manager.
• To show a constant united front of Management to the staff.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
• To complete a full handover with the previous and following Duty Manager communicating directly where possible otherwise full details as appropriate in the DM file and email.
• To take overall personal pride in appearance and work performance.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV to Graham.
Graham Chambers - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Management & Other
Day Porter (24 hours per week)
Night Porter (20 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Kids Club Assistant (8 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Stores Person (48 hours per week)