Duty Manager & Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
The purpose of this role is to ensure the well being of all guests during their time at the hotel, maintain a high level of host presence throughout and ensure the overall smooth running of the hotel and Treehouses at all times when on duty.
- To welcome and bid farewell to all visitors to the hotel in a warm and professional manner. Ensuring all guests receive prompt service and guidance accordingly.
- To assist with all departments in times of pressure – where reasonably possible.
- To host and facilitate the Morning Meeting ensuring all relevant HOD’s are prepared for the day ahead.
- To ensure that accommodation for arriving VIP’s and those staying is prepared to the agreed standard.
- To introduce yourself to all residential guests and hosts of events and parties upon arrival.
- To room all VIP and important guests personally assuring a very positive first impression.
- To liaise with guests and ensure a strong host presence at all times, passing relevant information onto staff especially specific requirements or arrangements.
- To perform duty management as detailed on the management rota.
- To ensure that the standards of service in all areas meet the required levels.
- To deal with complaints quickly and efficiently and find suitable solutions to any problems that may arise, communicating issues the MD and colleagues in a constructive and clear manner.
- To assume responsibility for the running of the Hotel in the absence of senior management.
- To co-ordinate guests and staff during an emergency and have good knowledge of fire procedures.
- To be aware of and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure guests wishes are met if not exceeded so far as is reasonably possible.
- To ensure that all staff address guests by their correct name and title.
- To liaise well with all departments, ensuring that communication of the day’s activity is clear and understood.
- To make sure that Company policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To liaise with Reception and Housekeeping regarding arrival rooms and prioritisation where applicable.
- To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and top pass on such to the MD and other relevant HOD’s.
- To complete daily inspection of all hotel facilities ensuring a checklist is completed.
- To complete a Daily programme detailing all of the following days important notes including specific guest requirements or complaints and a BEO Summary.
- To ensure that all areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with the Health and Safety regulations, reporting any faults to the Maintenance and or Operations Manager as well and entering maintenance issues onto Opera.
- To show a constant united front of Management to the staff.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- To complete a full handover with the previous and following Duty Manager communicating directly where possible otherwise full details as appropriate in the DM file and email.
- To take overall personal pride in appearance and work performance.
Front of House
- To be the first line of address for all Treehouse guests during their stay.
- To organise special requests for all Treehouse guests.
- To check-in Treehouse guests together with Treehouse Receptionist and to organise their luggage transfers with a porter. To grant early check-ins wherever possible.
- To assist the Treehouse Receptionist with check-outs and the organisation of luggage transfer. To grant late check-outs wherever possible.
- To organise Pick-Ups, dinner reservations and special requests for the Treehouse guests.
- To provide first-class professional service for our Treehouse guests.
Back of House / Preparations
- To check all electronic devices in the rooms before arrival.
- To keep all the Treehouse area clean, tidy and appealing for guests. To be in close contact with Maintenance and Gardeners in order to keep the whole area fully functional and well maintained.
- To decorate the Treehouses and Treehouse Buggies seasonally if needed (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.)
- To create a detailed TH guest list of the guests in house with special requests (diets etc.) which is given to Room Service as a support for their operations.
- To ensure that staff levels are at all times appropriate (organisation of rotas with TH Receptionist, TH Concierges and also with TH Housemen)
- To carry full responsibility for everything that involves the Treehouses, to act proactively and to ensure that every guest journey runs smoothly and to the guests’ desires.
- To ensure that the Duty Manager and Front of House Manager are informed about the TH guests and their journeys.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY
NB: You will need to hold a full clean driving licence and be at least 21 years of age due to Chewton Glen Insurance Restrictions.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Management & Other
Duty Manager & Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
Assistant Night Manager (40 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)
Revenue Analyst (40 hours per week)
Wedding & Events Co-ordinator (40 hours per week)