Receptionist (40 hours per week)
40 hours per week
Join Chewton Glen as a Receptionist, the roll will undertake the duties of Reception/Cashiering and Reservations, making sure that the Reception Department is efficient and profitable. To ensure that guest’s needs are met where possible and to assist with the general running and control of the department.
• To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the Department and to establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the atmosphere of a luxury country hotel.
• To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guest names at every available opportunity.
• To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanour.
• To have a good working knowledge of all departments of the Hotel.
• To have a full understanding of all equipment within the Front Office including Opera, Paging Systems, Word and Email.
• To ensure all arriving Hotel and Restaurant guests’ cars are parked, if required.
• To be familiar with all reservation tasks in order to cover this role if required.
• To be efficient and well-informed in taking restaurant reservations, in the absence of the Restaurant Manager – availability, prices and any restrictions.
• To be well-informed of the ‘market; - all aspects of accommodation as well as traditional sales areas in F & B and other hotel services.
• To record all relevant comments of appreciation, suggestions and maintenance points in order to initiate follow up.
• To know and understand the current policies and procedures of the Hotel and Spa.
• To be responsible for monies in your care as per cashiering shift and in the Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
• To ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
• To be aware of the problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills. To be familiar with how to rectify these and explain fully, adjusting if necessary.
• To be aware of complaints/problems and bring them to the attention of the Reception Manager, Duty Manager and to offer assistance.
• To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
• To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Graham.
Graham Chambers - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Spa Therapist (24 Hours Per Week)
Spa Therapist (40 hours)
Spa Operations Manager (40 hours per week)
Spa Membership Sales Manager (24 hours per week)
Spa Attendant (40 hours per week)
Fitness Instructor (Maternity Cover - 11 hours per week)
Head Spa Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Pool Bar Assistant (16 hours per week)
Management & Other
Day/Night Porter (40 hours per week)
Receptionist (40 hours per week)
Assistant Night Manager (40 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)