Senior Receptionist (40 hours per week)
40 hours per week
Join Chewton Glen as a Senior Receptionist, the roll will undertake the duties of Reception/Cashiering and Reservations, making sure that the Reception Department is efficient and profitable. To ensure that guest’s needs are met where possible and to assist with the general running and control of the department.
- To assist in the smooth running of the department, assisting with rota’s, appraisals and training of staff.
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests within the limits of the department and to establish a highly personalised style of service and attention to guests in keeping with the hotel.
- To establish a courteous, helpful and friendly attitude to all guests at all times and to use guest names at every available opportunity.
- To ensure the smooth running and efficient organisation of the Reception in line with established procedures and standards.
- To have a good working knowledge of all departments in the Hotel.
- To establish a good relationship with colleagues and to assist in solving problems and answering queries.
- To have a full understanding of all equipment within the Front Office including, Paging Systems, Word and Email.
- To work with all other departments in a suitably courteous and helpful manner.
- To be familiar with all reservation tasks in order to cover this role if required.
- To be efficient and well-informed in taking restaurant reservations in the absence of the Restaurant Manager– knowledge of availability, prices and any restrictions.
- To be well-informed of the ‘market’ – all aspects of accommodation as well as additional sales areas in F&B and other hotel services.
- To record all relevant comments of appreciation, suggestions and maintenance points in order to initiate follow up.
- To be responsible for monies in our care as per cashiering shift and in the Main Safe and be aware of security issues.
- To ensure correct hand-over procedure of day’s business with regard to cover and cashiering.
- To assist the Reception Manager with the efficient upkeep of guest history records entering as much information as possible.
- To be aware of the problems arising with reference to queries on accounts and restaurant bills. To be familiar with how to rectify these and explain fully, adjusting if necessary.
- To be aware of complaints/problems and to bring them to the attention of the Reception Manager or Duty Manager and to offer assistance.
- To undertake any other duties requested by the Management.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Claire.
Claire Parrett - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283053 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.Apply Now
Restaurant & Bar
Head Waiter (48 hours per week)
Waiter (48 hours per week)
Room Service Supervisor (48 hours per week)
Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Commis Sommelier (48 hours per week)