Bar & Lounge Assistant (48 hours per week)
Join Chewton Glen as a Bar & Lounge Assistant, assisting in the operation and service of the Lounge and Bar areas.
- To have a good knowledge of all food and drink available for sale in your department, enabling you to answer any guest queries quickly.
- To carry out "opening up"mis-en-place duties including:
- Collecting ice
- Setting up the bar
- Bottling up shelves
- Collecting requisitions
- To carry out cleaning of bar area and equipment on a regular basis,
- To take orders for spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks etc, taking every opportunity to maximise sales in a discreet and professional manner.
- To prepare and serve beverages, wine, etc for service in accordance with the SOP Manual.
- To be constantly aware of guests needs and be able to respond to them accordingly.
- To clear bar tables after the consumption of beverage items and to maintain the bar area in a presentable state on an ongoing basis.
- To accurately charge guests for items purchased and to give any correct change at all times.
- To ensure mis-en-place is well stocked and napkins available and folded correctly.
- To assist with the preparation and service of tables in the Lounges for Afternoon Teas as per daily bookings.
- To familiarise yourself with menus in other food and beverage outlets in the Hotel.
- To maintain the spillage book to the required standard.
- To frequently check on guest satisfaction and to communicate complimentary/adverse comments to the Bar Manager.
- To welcome and seat guests in the absence of the Manager.
- To "close down" the bar at the agreed time including emptying skips, dispersing of rubbish, mopping the floor and locking up securely.
- To have a full knowledge of the Weighs and Measures Act and Licensing Laws and to strictly adhere to the provisions set.
- To ensure the safe use and storage of chemicals.
- To ensure all liquor items are correctly stored and secured and re-ordered where necessary.
- To answer the Bar telephone quickly and to deal with guest/staff enquiries in a professional manner and in line with departmental standards.
- Assist in continual development of Cocktail list and promotions.
- Assist with the development of the Coffee list.
- Preparation, serving and clearing of all hot drinks in accordance with the SOP manual.
- Service and clearance of hot and cold food in accordance with SOP manual.
- To be familiar with the EPOS system.
- To ensure that you attend all trainings, briefings and meetings.
- To use guests’ names at all times.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Spa Therapist (24 Hours Per Week)
Spa Therapist (40 hours)
Spa Attendant (40 hours per week)
Fitness Instructor (Maternity Cover - 11 hours per week)
Pool Bar Assistant (40 hours per week)
Management & Other
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Treehouse Concierge (48 hours per week)
Assistant Night Manager (40 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)
Revenue Analyst (40 hours per week)
Guest Services Co-ordinator (40 hours per week)
Guest Services Co-ordinator (20 hours per week)