Sommelier de Rang (48 hours per week)
Join our team as Sommelier de rang, to sell, serve and actively promote wine sales within the hotel, ensuring all guests receive quality wine service to Chewton Glen standard. 48 hours per week.
- To ensure daily sales are restocked according to CG standard and shortages are recorded appropriately.
- To ensure all deliveries are checked and stored in the correct manner.
- To ensure the cleanliness and security of all wine service equipment, storage areas and wine lists.
- To communicate any errors, vintage changes or pricing changes accordingly.
- To ensure all mise en place is done to the correct standard and in the allotted time constraints
- To report all maintenance requirements and hazards in the workplace to your line Manager.
- To meet and greet the guest upon arrival.
- To ensure the service of wine is carried out to Chewton glen standard at all times.
- To have a complete understanding of wine list, menus, and beverage items at all times.
- To be able to promote, describe, and up sell items, to inform guest and offer alternatives when items are not available and to take special requests.
- To liaise with Head or Assistant sommelier on any vintage changes, special events and liquor requirements
- To attend to all Hotel guests’ needs as per CG standards, while working in a safe and secure manner.
- To ensuring effective team work and co-operation with rest of Sommelier and Restaurant team.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Management & Other
Day Porter (24 hours per week)
Night Porter (20 hours per week)
Duty Manager (48 hours per week)
Kids Club Assistant (8 hours per week)
Day Porter (40 hours per week)
Stores Person (48 hours per week)