Head Spa Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
- To assist the Spa Housekeeper in supervising the Spa Housekeeping Team to ensure standards of cleanliness of the Spa are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that a high standard of presentation, professionalism, and friendliness are maintained at all times.
- Assist with carrying out thorough induction and training programme for every new Spa
- Ensure that the Department’s SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) are maintained at all times
- Ensure all cleaning products are used correctly.
- Assist with all administrative duties ensuring they are completed correctly and in a timely manner. These include stock takes, producing the staff rota, ordering stock and managing the cleaning schedules.
- Communicate all aspects of the day to day operations to the Reception team and other staff and Managers.
- Check changing room areas and swimming pool for cleanliness every 30 minutes.
- Assist the Fitness Instructor in maintaining the cleanliness of all fitness equipment when requested.
- Report any maintenance faults to the Spa Housekeeper or other manager if unavailable.
- Assist guests and members with any queries where ever possible and referring to a Senior Manager if required.
- Ensure a continual supply of clean towels and robes is available to members and guests.
- Ensure shower gel, shampoo and water is always in plentiful supply.
- Carry out cleaning tasks set by the Spa
- Test the water in pool four times per day (twice whilst on shift) and record appropriately. Highlight any concerns to line manager or supervisor on shift
- Routinely check the tennis centre to ensure hygiene standards are maintained throughout the day.
- Assist the Pool Bar team in carrying stock and buffet food to the Pool Bar when required.
- Ensure a good handover is carried out with Spa Housekeeper and other colleagues between.
- Attend any necessary training courses in-house or external.
- Ensure that Company Policies are followed at all times.
- Open or close the outdoor pool
- 3 x weekly out door cleaning/hover of the pool
- Test the water in the pool four times per day (twice whilst on shift) and record appropriately. Highlight any concerns to line manager or supervisor on shift
- Clear dirty plates and glasses
- Supervise swimming hours in the pool
Pool plant duties
- All water records should be checked and any abnormalities need to be reported to the Maintenance manager and spa operations manager as and when required.
- Weekly scan & save the weekly pool water records on to the comply force internal
- Weekly scan & save external reports/checks on to the comply force external
- Complete weekly plant room check list and fill out appropriately. Once completed scan & save to comply forc
- On finding any problems in the plant room you are to try fix and find a solution ASAP, on failing to do this you must inform a manager and suggest the next course of action whilst following its progress. In certain incidents you will be required to liaise with an external company whilst keeping the spa director and maintenance manager informed of the progress.
- Keeping the plant room safe, clean, tidy and hazard free
- Back wash all pools 2 x a week and record
- Record in the plant room and highlight which pumps are in use to continue a weekly rotation. Check and highlight when chemicals supplies are running low.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV to Graham.
Graham Chambers - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: email@example.com
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Spa Therapist (24 Hours Per Week)
Spa Therapist (40 hours)
Spa Operations Manager (40 hours per week)
Spa Membership Sales Manager (24 hours per week)
Spa Attendant (40 hours per week)
Fitness Instructor (Maternity Cover - 11 hours per week)
Head Spa Housekeeper (40 hours per week)
Pool Bar Assistant (16 hours per week)
Management & Other
Day/Night Porter (40 hours per week)
Receptionist (40 hours per week)
Assistant Night Manager (40 hours per week)
Painter & Decorator (40 hours per week)