Senior Spa Therapist (40 hours per week)
Join Chewton Glen as a Senior Spa Therapist and assist the spa operations whilst being responsible for all therapists and treatments carried out within the spa. The position is a job share with the other senior therapist role.
• To co-ordinate and ensure that all Therapists are correctly trained in line with company specifications.
• Training therapists in line with business requirements and demand
• Maintain therapist treatment matrix and provide regular updates to reservations & spa reception
• To ensure that all guests are greeted in the correct manor and aftercare procedures are followed.
• To ensure that each treatment is performed to the time guidelines and to ensure that they are practised to the standard required by the Company.
• SOP’s for treatments are all correct and signed off once training is completed
• Regular retail training with incentives
• Stock control training
• Perform daily treatment room checks to ensure standards are maintained throughout & update room check sheets & monitor
General Responsibilities & cover for Senior Therapist for Admin
• Responsible for the smooth operation of the treatments.
• Follow correct management procedures with regards to Therapists where required
• To ensure team unity and correct job performance is carried out by all Therapists.
• To assist the Spa Operations Manager with new promotions and events and to assist in the hosting and organisation of these events.
• To keep a tight control on professional & retail stock, ensuring that orders are correct and made at the correct time to avoid low stock and that each is accompanied by a purchase order.
• To build a working relationship with product houses and relaying relevant information to Spa Operations Manager.
• Will be responsible for completing VIP treatments to journalists and Guests.
• Develop and maintain sales summaries, statistics and incentives, liaising with the Spa Operations Manager and reporting back to the therapist team.
• To be fully conversant with every treatment, product and facility in the Spa.
• To be fully aware of all the services and facilities offered in the hotel.
• To ensure that products are sold in the correct way in the most profitable manner.
• To be available to give treatments throughout the allotted times on the rota.
• Cover Spa Reception if required
• Check the daily programme of events and ensure the therapist team are prepared for events.
• When necessary carry out the therapist morning meeting and attend the hotel morning meeting and communicate back to the spa team.
• Prepare and carry out a monthly therapist meeting and send an appropriate email of minutes to those who have not attended.
• To ensure that the Company Policy and standards are upheld at all times.
• To ensure a handover is given between the two senior therapists and information is understood.
• Maintain the stock control system to reduce costs and improve ordering efficiency
• Maintain sales summaries, statistics and incentives, liaising with the Spa Operations Manager and reporting back to the therapist team
• Complete monthly treatment and retail commission
• Complete rota so that therapists always have 5 weeks of rota prepared.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Graham.
Graham Chambers - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Head Waiter (48 hours per week)
Waiter (48 hours per week)
Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Sommelier de Rang (48 hours per week)
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)