Restaurant & Bar Supervisor (48 hours per week)
• To be responsible for the running of the bar on a daily basis.
• To ensure guests are welcomed as soon as possible and orders taken swiftly.
• To have a good knowledge of all food and drink available for sale.
• To carry out cleaning of bar area and equipment on a regular basis.
• To take orders for spirits, wine, beer, soft drinks etc, taking every opportunity to maximise sales in a discreet and professional manner.
• To be constantly aware of guests needs and be able to respond to them accordingly
• To accurately charge guests for items purchased and to give any correct change at all times.
• To frequently check on guest satisfaction and to communicate complimentary/adverse comments to the Restaurant Manager.
• To complete the closing checklist and double check workplace standards as well as supervising other members of the team.
• To have a full knowledge of the Weighs and Measures Act and Licensing Laws and to strictly adhere to the provisions set.
• To ensure the safe use and storage of chemicals.
• To answer the telephone quickly and to deal with guest/staff enquiries in a professional manner and in line with departmental standards.
• To assist in continual development of bar list and promotions.
• To be familiar with the EPOS system.
• To be fully aware of the Restaurant’s fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
• To be fully competent in the usage of the Res Diary.
• To control the flow of service and ensure guests are seated fairly among stations.
• To manage and optimise Lunch and Dinner covers through control of bookings, with special attention paid to timing slots and table allocations.
• To maintain menus to a high standard of appearance and ensure dishes and prices are kept up to date.
• To ensure standard operating procedures are maintained for billing, signing of bills and taking of payments throughout the service.
• To report all comments/complaints/problems to the manager on duty.
• To ensure that guests’ names and their correct titles are used at all times & that the service is discrete & efficient at all times.
• To keep the lobby area clean and tidy at all times.
• To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision statement are followed at all times.
THIS PERFORMANCE ROLE GUIDE IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, NOR IS IT MEANT TO BE. ADDITIONAL ITEMS MAY BE INTRODUCED WHERE NECESSARY.
If you would like to be considered for a role at Chewton Glen please forward a copy of your CV with our application form to Jenn.
Jenn Laarberg - Human Resources Officer / Tel: 01425 283062 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chewton Glen is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Please note that all vacancies include weekend hours unless otherwise stated.
Restaurant & Bar
Head Waiter (48 hours per week)
Waiter (48 hours per week)
Room Service Supervisor (48 hours per week)
Deputy Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Restaurant Manager (48 hours per week)
Commis Sommelier (48 hours per week)