Set in the beautiful surrounds of Chewton Glen Hotel, our country pursuit activities are perfect for team building, client entertainment and simply having a laugh! Both quintessentially English and great fun, our country pursuit activities are suitable for a variety of fitness and age levels and can be tailored to suit client objectives. Available activities:
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Target Archery
- Duck Herding
- Gundog Handling
- Segway Obstacle Course
- Apache Buggy Racing
- Quad Biking
- Ferret Racing
All of the above activities are supplied by Walder Events - Jayne@walderevents.co.uk
Or why not travel slightly further afield and try your hand at fly fishing...
Chewton Glen is situated in fly fishing 'Mecca' - Nestled in its enviable New Forest location between the world's three most famous English chalk streams; the river Test, the river Avon and the river Itchen.
This is the birth place of this noble sport and fly fishers the world over dream of casting a line on these hallowed waters, located in some of England's most beautiful countryside. Filtered by the unique chalk bed rock, the gin clear water is home to large native brown trout, grayling, Atlantic salmon and sea trout. All within a short drive of the hotel.
A sample of how to enjoy your day fly fishing…*
• 8.30am - Your friendly fishing guide collects you from the hotel after a hearty breakfast
• 9.15am - Tackle up and begin fishing the beat of your choice.
• 1.00pm - Relax on the lawn of the estate 'fishing gardens' in the shade of thatched fishermen's huts and the trickle of crystal clear water. Your lunchtime treat is a superb fishermen's hamper specially prepared by our chef.
• 2.00pm onwards - Enjoy some dry fly action as the evening rise approaches.
• Evening - Return to the hotel for a well-earned pint and some tall fishing tales at the bar. Followed by dinner.
*An additional cost will be incurred for transfers and refreshments.
Price guide: Rates from around £200 per rod (person) inclusive of VAT. Professional fly fishing guides £295 per day.