Chewton Glen is situated in fly fishing 'Mecca' - Nestled in its enviable New Forest location between the world's three most famous English chalk streams; the river Test, the river Avon and the river Itchen.
This is the birthplace of this noble sport and fly fishers the world over dream of casting a line on these hallowed waters, located in some of England's most beautiful countryside. Filtered by the unique chalk bed rock, the gin clear water is home to large native brown trout, grayling, Atlantic salmon and sea trout. All within a short drive of the hotel.
A sample of how to enjoy your day fly fishing…*
• 8.30am - Your friendly fishing guide collects you from the hotel after a hearty breakfast
• 9.15am - Tackle up and begin fishing the beat of your choice.
• 1.00pm - Relax on the lawn of the estate 'fishing gardens' in the shade of thatched fishermen's huts and the trickle of crystal clear water. Your lunchtime treat is a superb fishermen's hamper specially prepared by our chef.
• 2.00pm onwards - Enjoy some dry fly action as the evening rise approaches.
• Evening - Return to the hotel for a well-earned pint and some tall fishing tales at the bar. Followed by dinner.
*An additional cost will be incurred for transfers and refreshments.
Price guide: Rates from around £200 per rod (person). Professional fly fishing guides £295 per day.