The Seafood Chef
£175 per person
At Chewton Glen we are very fortunate to have the very best seasonal seafood readily available from our Hampshire/Dorset coastline. This class is designed for those who are new to preparing fish and shellfish or an experienced home cook looking to improve their skills.
As well as discussing where and how to get the very best seafood you will get the opportunity to prepare a variety of fish and shellfish. The dishes for this class are inspired by some of the most popular dishes featured on our main hotel restaurant The Dining Room's menu. During the class you will explore the use of herbs and spices with seafood dishes and a variety of cooking techniques to help you get the most out of every ingredient.
Due to the nature of the recipes used in this class we are unable to accommodate guests with an allergy or intolerance to fish, crustaceans or molluscs. Please contact our reservations team for details of classes which will be suitable or can be adapted for guests with these dietary requirements.
- Baked hand dived scallops with smoked paprika and coriander butter
- Thai lobster curry
- Indian spiced mackerel recheado with green apple
- Fricassee of poached Chalkstream trout, clams, peas and dill foam
- James Martin’s favourite smoked haddock Welsh rarebit with tomatoes and chive oil
- Inspired by Luke Matthew’s Saturday Kitchen dish – Pan fried seabass with mussels braised in Laverstoke Park cider
- Brandade (salt cod) fritters with roast garlic alioli
- Tempura squid with homemade sweet chilli dipping sauce (demonstration and tasting)
Dishes may be subject to slight change to reflect the seasonal produce available.
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with your Chef Tutor and enjoy a run through of the day.
In the middle of the day we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied with a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.30pm, take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!