South American Street Food
£175 per person
Street food is a fantastic way of enjoying your cooking and being able to spend time with friends and family whatever the gathering. Just like street food vendors around South America you will be able to finish off and serve your dishes in minutes rather than being stuck in the kitchen. In this class we will explore dishes to cover all tastes with soft tacos filled with smoky beef, empanadas packed with flavour, crispy and cheese bean quesadillas and a quintessential classic the ceviche. It’s not all savoury cuisine we use one of the most famous sweet treats in South America, dulche de leche (caramelised condensed milk), to sandwich together between crumbly, buttery coconut biscuits.
Chef Tutor - Rob Cottam
- Carne asada tacos, salsa fresca, adobo cashews (soft corn tortilla tacos filled with flank steak in a smoky marinade, tomato based salsa, spiced cashews with sour cream) (demonstration and tasting)
- Chicken, chorizo and red pepper empanadas (demonstration and tasting)
- Drunken bean quesadilla melts with chimichurri
- Peruvian seabass ceviche with lime, sweet potato and coriander
- Alfajores (Coconut butter biscuits sandwiched with dulche de leche)
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with Kei and a run through of the day.
In the middle of the day we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied with a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.30pm, take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!