Journey Through Asia
£190 per person
Spend a day exploring the South East Asian cuisine best known for its huge variety of aromatic, quick and cheap street food style dishes. During this class, you will learn how to balance the hot, bitter, salty, sweet and sour flavours key to the Far East and match the heat of the chilli to your palette. Many of the classical cookery techniques in this class have been given contemporary recipes using ingredients readily available to recreate at home. Despite the impression that Asia desserts are nothing special, we demonstrate how to create a delicious banana pudding combining some key Asian flavours, sure to be a big hit with family and friends.
If you would prefer to book over the phone or using a voucher as payment/part-payment please contact reservations on 01425 282212 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salmon, alfalfa and coriander rice paper rolls with nuoc cham (lime and green chilli) dipping sauce
- Steamed pork and crab shiu mai (opened topped wonton dumplings) with soy chilli dipping sauce
- Coconut braised duck leg Penang curry
- Lemongrass and lime leaf rice (demonstration and tasting)
- Vietnamese carrot and cucumber pickled salad
- Steamed banana pudding with palm sugar caramel sauce (demonstration and tasting)
Dishes may be subject to slight changes to reflect the seasonal produce available.
Arrive – 9.30am for refreshments, meet and greet with your Chef Tutor and enjoy a run-through of the day.
In the middle of the day, we will break for lunch around the chef’s demonstration area. With many of the classes you will be tucking into the food you have cooked and for some, we will provide dishes from The Kitchen restaurant, all accompanied by a glass of wine. During the day we will show you around our kitchen garden and pop into our beautiful greenhouse, introducing you to our gardeners if they are tending to the beds at the time.
Finish – 3.30pm take home your creations and The Kitchen apron leaving the washing up for our cookery school team!