- What's On
- The Chewton Glen Estate Lunch Menu
- Arancini & a Bellini at The Kitchen
- Summer Veuve Clicquot Vibes
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2019
- 100th Anniversary of the Forestry Commission
- 70th Anniversary of National Parks
- Takeaway Pizza
- New Forest Activities
- Chewton Glen Wine Club
- Junior Summer Tennis Camp
- Bron Burrell and her 1969 Austin Maxi – Puff the Magic Wagon
- Gyles Brandreth - 'Dancing By the Light of the Moon'
- An Evening with Opera Soprano Marion Wilman and Friends
- Tapas Tuesday Lunch Special Offer
- Hambledon Wine Dinner
- Lendy Cowes Week
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Christmas Lunch
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Christmas Dinner Dance
- Photography Masterclass with Dave Hogan, Celebrity Photographer
- OSKIA Skincare Secrets Talk & Lunch
- Summer Fun at Chewton Glen
- Mindfulness Workshop
100th Anniversary of the Forestry Commission
Majestic, idyllic and glorious are just a few words to describe the New Forest National Park which is home to roaming ponies, quaint little villages and Chewton Glen. Welcome to a world where the only road block you're likely to experience is a pony, where come September you'll see greedy pigs foraging the villages for acorns to eat, and where you are never too far from cobbled streets, thatched cottages and charming buildings that look as if you've stepped back in time.
This enchanting location is cared for by the Forestry Commission and 2019 celebrates their 100th anniversary. The organisation is now England’s largest landowner and looks after over 1,500 forests, delivering internationally renowned research in sustainable forestry and helping other landowners make their woodlands more productive, better for wildlife, and prepared for the challenges of a changing climate.
The Forestry Commission was founded in 1919 to restore the nation’s woods and forests following the First World War, and the passing of the Forestry Act. The Commission has done spectacular job in restoring the New Forest which has the largest area of heathland in Europe, with plenty of beautiful spots for photos, picnics and walks with the family.
If you're feeling intrepid how about a staycation at Chewton Glen? Wear your wellies and embrace the great outdoors with some explorations around our fantastic location.
No wellies? No worries! We had a selection of Hunters available to borrow for our guests.
Photos by Annie Spratt