- What's On
- The Chewton Glen Estate Lunch Menu
- Arancini & a Bellini at The Kitchen
- Summer Veuve Clicquot Vibes
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2019
- 100th Anniversary of the Forestry Commission
- 70th Anniversary of National Parks
- Takeaway Pizza
- New Forest Activities
- Chewton Glen Wine Club
- Junior Summer Tennis Camp
- Bron Burrell and her 1969 Austin Maxi – Puff the Magic Wagon
- Gyles Brandreth - 'Dancing By the Light of the Moon'
- An Evening with Opera Soprano Marion Wilman and Friends
- Tapas Tuesday Lunch Special Offer
- Hambledon Wine Dinner
- Lendy Cowes Week
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Christmas Lunch
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Christmas Dinner Dance
- Photography Masterclass with Dave Hogan, Celebrity Photographer
- OSKIA Skincare Secrets Talk & Lunch
- Summer Fun at Chewton Glen
- Mindfulness Workshop
Bron Burrell and her 1969 Austin Maxi – Puff the Magic Wagon
Monday 9th September
Photographed by Castrol in 1970 wearing the infamous white catsuit of the World Cup Rally, Bron became known as Miss Castrol. Puff, (now 49) and Bron (now 74) are planning one last big trip – in 2020, a drive into Mexico City to complete the marathon journey of 50 years ago.
Puff The Magic Wagon is the one surviving & still competing Austin Maxi that took part in the most arduous motor sporting event the world has ever seen - the 1970 Daily Mirror London to Mexico World Cup Rally. Launched in 1969, British Leyland introduced a significant new family car, the Austin Maxi. With 5 gears, 5 doors and 5 seats it was a relatively new concept. Puff was one of the 1st 500 cars built and selected from the Marshall showroom floor.
In 2013 Bron was reunited with the Maxi, known as Puff the Magic Wagon, and in 2016 she purchased the car. It took 6 months to prep the little car ready to run again and they have completed 10 historic rallies finishing 8 – ran on demo stage runs at both Race Retro and Goodwood Festival of Speed Forest Rally Stage, appeared at numerous static shows and has done many television appearances.
Come and hear Bron's inspiring story...
1115 Talk by Bron Burrell
1230 Pre-lunch drink
1300 Three-course lunch
Non residential price £75 to include;
Arrival coffee, talk by Bron Burrell, pre lunch drink, three course lunch with a glass of wine, coffee and chocolates.
Set Lunch Menu
Gin Cured Hampshire Trout
saffron, vegetable escabeche
*(v) Salad of Chicory
scorched corn, pear, corn bread, ranch dressing
Roast Breast of Corn Fed Chicken
Leeks, Alsace bacon & oyster mushrooms, crushed potatoes, red wine sauce
*(v) Crispy Polenta
grilled vegetables, rocket pesto & tomato
Salted Caramel Tart
Tea/coffee and chocolates
*Please confirm if you wish to pre-order the vegetarian option or have any other dietary requirements.
Dress Code: Smart/Casual (jackets preferred for gentlemen)
Guests will be seated at banqueting tables of 10/12 for the talk and lunch.