- What's On
- The Chewton Glen Estate Lunch Menu
- Arancini & a Bellini at The Kitchen
- Summer Veuve Clicquot Vibes
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2019
- 100th Anniversary of the Forestry Commission
- 70th Anniversary of National Parks
- Takeaway Pizza
- New Forest Activities
- Chewton Glen Wine Club
- Junior Summer Tennis Camp
- Bron Burrell and her 1969 Austin Maxi – Puff the Magic Wagon
- Gyles Brandreth - 'Dancing By the Light of the Moon'
- An Evening with Opera Soprano Marion Wilman and Friends
- Tapas Tuesday Lunch Special Offer
- Hambledon Wine Dinner
- Lendy Cowes Week
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Christmas Lunch
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Christmas Dinner Dance
- Photography Masterclass with Dave Hogan, Celebrity Photographer
- OSKIA Skincare Secrets Talk & Lunch
- Summer Fun at Chewton Glen
- Mindfulness Workshop
Gyles Brandreth - 'Dancing By the Light of the Moon'
Monday 23rd September
Ever since that memorable week in 1960 when, as a schoolboy, he found himself, within the space of seven days, being introduced to both T S Eliot and Charles de Gaulle, Gyles Brandreth has had a weakness for name-dropping. Poets, presidents, princes, prime ministers – Gyles Brandreth has had encounters with them all and in his new entertainment he provides as A to Z of the great, the good and the not-so-good he has had the chance to meet during his eventful life as a writer, actor, journalist and politician. From A A Milne to Benjamin Zephaniah, from Billy Bunter (or at least the actor who played him) to Malcolm X (the real thing), from Charles and Camilla to Yul Brynner and Yehudi Menuhin this is an extraordinary alphabet soup of anecdotes and insights from a performer whose five one-man shows at the Edinburgh Fringe have all earned him 5 star reviews and sold-out houses.
Gyles Brandreth – best known these days as a reporter on The One Show and a regular on Just A Minute, and the author of the best-selling Have You Eaten Grandma? and the Oscar Wilde Murder Mysteries – is looking forward to coming back to Chewton Glen and meeting old friends with new stories.
He and his wife Michele will be bringing a selection of their books with them to sign and sell after the lunch.
1115 Talk by Gyles Brandreth
1230 Pre lunch drink/book sales and signing
1300 3 course lunch
Non residential price £75 to include;
Arrival coffee, talk by Gyles Brandreth, three course lunch with coffee and your choice of a glass of red or white wine with lunch.
Set Lunch Menu
Pressing of Chicken
cep mushroom, sour dough (ce,d,g,mu,n,sd)
*(v) Terrine of Leek
truffle vinaigrette, garden herbs (d,g,sd)
Fillet of Sea Bream
creamed leeks, confit potato, hazelnut, red wine sauce (ce,f,n,sd)
*(v) Pumpkin Risotto
sage, parmesan, sherry caramel (d,n,sd)
Chewton Glen Apple Crumble
Blackberry Sorbet (d,g,n,sd)
Tea/coffee and chocolates
*Please confirm if you wish to order the vegetarion option or have any dietary requirements no later than 7 days prior to the event.
Allergy Key – [C] Crustaceans, [Ce] Celery, [D] Dairy, [E] Eggs, [F] Fish, [P] Peanuts,
[G] Gluten [L] Lupin, [N] Nuts, [Mo] Molluscs, [Mu] Mustard, [S] Soya, [SD] Sulphur Dioxide, [Se] Sesame Seeds
Dress Code: Smart/Casual (jackets preferred for gentlemen)
Guests will be seated at banqueting tables of 10/12 for the presentation and lunch