- Whats On
- Christmas Shopping Event
- Peter Snow & Ann MacMillan - War Stories
- Scandinavian Cuisine: The Art of Hygge
- Club Wembley
- Ocean Brothers, discover their story...
- Up your 'Game' with Ben Tish
- It's a Gin Thing
- Cook with Dan Doherty
- Christmas Drinks & Nibbles Cookery Class
- Christmas Bakes Cookery Class
- Edible Christmas Gifts for Hampers Cookery Class
- Christmas House Party
- Taittinger Champagne Christmas Lunch
- Taittinger Champagne Christmas Dinner Dance
- Christmas Flowers Morning Workshop
- Christmas Flowers Afternoon Workshop
- New Year House Party
- The Red Arrows with Former Fighter Pilot Justin Hughes
Ocean Brothers, discover their story...
Dr Greg Bailey & Jude Massey
Ocean Brothers are two local brothers situated within 10 minutes from the Chewton Glen. We are delighted to share with you their story as they are both very close to the heart of the hotel. To put what they are about to do into context lets not forget over 6,000 have climbed Everest, over 550 have been to space and yet only 317 have ever done what these brothers are setting out to do.
Their voyage begins on January 15th, 2018 as they set off from Gran Canaria and use human power only to row 3,000 miles across the mighty Atlantic Ocean. Their journey will see them battling hurricane swept parts of the Atlantic Ocean and 40 ft waves as they make their way to Barbados in their 23ft ocean rowing boat. The brothers know they get on very well with each other and they will have to as this tremendous adventure will take 2 months, without support.
The bold brothers committed themeless to this challenge to raise vital funds for skin cancer research via the British Skin Foundation in memory of their late father/ stepfather Peter who died of the illness. It was Peter's greatest wish to cross the Atlantic and Dr Greg Bailey and his half brother Jude Massey hope they can pay respects to Peter and continue some of the struggle he face for 3,000 miles to raise money for a cause very close to their hearts.
We encourage you to follow along as we will be supporting these inspirational men as they go forwards into the dark nights spent on the Atlantic Ocean. If you would like to find out more please follow one of the following links below.
To Donate: www.justgiving.com/oceanbrothers