- What's On
- Easter Afternoon Tea
- Easter Cookery Classes
- For one week only...
- In Conversation with Dame Esther Rantzen and Rebecca Wilcox
- Peter Caddick-Adams - A New History of D-Day
- Mother's Day Afternoon Tea
- Dinner with Luke Phillips
- Spanish Wine Dinner
- Earth Hour - Dinner by Candlelight
- Spring Food Pairing
- Hambledon Wine Dinner at The Kitchen
- The Chewton Glen Estate Lunch Menu
- Arancini & a Bellini at The Kitchen
- World Gin Day Dinner
- Father's Day Nine & Dine
- Summer Veuve Clicquot Vibes
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Summer Lunch
- English Tourism Week
- Visit Us at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 'Fizz Fest' Vineyards of Hampshire Wine Festival 2019
- 100th Anniversary of the Forestry Commission
- 70th Anniversary of National Parks
- Sunday Lunch
- Takeaway Pizza
- New Forest Activities
Peter Caddick-Adams - A New History of D-Day
Monday 3rd June
Peter Caddick - Adams account of the Allied invasion of France in June 1944 Sand and Steel gives us the background to Operation Overlord, and the lesser known Operation Dragoon - the invasion of the southern France between then arguably the greatest and most consequential military operation of modern times, beginning with the years of painstaking and costly preparation, through to the pitched battles fought along France's north and south coasts and the push east. Peter covers all the elements of D-Day, and to reveal in full what lay behind eventual Allied victory in Europe.
The Allied invasion of Europe involved mind-boggling logistics, including orchestrating the largest flotilla of ships ever assembled. Its strategic and psychological demands stretched the Allies to their limits, testing the strengths of the bonds of Anglo-American leadership.
Peter's talk draws on first-hand battlefield research, fresh personal testimony, and a commanding grasp of all the archives and literature. Join us for a special 3 course lunch, glass of wine and discover the extraordinary tales of D-Day.
1230 Pre lunch drink
1300 Three course lunch
1430 Book sales/signing
Non residential price £75 to include;
Arrival coffee, talk by Peter Caddick Adams, pre lunch drink, three course lunch with a glass of wine, coffee and chocolates.
Set lunch menu coming soon
Dress Code: Smart/Casual (jackets preferred for gentlemen)
Guests will be seated at banqueting tables of 10/12 for the talk and lunch.