- What's On
- Peter Caddick-Adams - A New History of D-Day
- Spring Food Pairing
- The Chewton Glen Estate Lunch Menu
- Arancini & a Bellini at The Kitchen
- World Gin Day Dinner
- Father's Day Nine & Dine
- Summer Veuve Clicquot Vibes
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Summer Lunch
- Visit Us at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 'Fizz Fest' Vineyards of Hampshire Wine Festival 2019
- 100th Anniversary of the Forestry Commission
- 70th Anniversary of National Parks
- Takeaway Pizza
- New Forest Activities
- Chewton Glen Wine Club
- Highcliffe Food & Arts Festival
- Junior Summer Tennis Camp
- Bron Burrell and her 1969 Austin Maxi – Puff the Magic Wagon
- Lymington Seafood Festival
- Gyles Brandreth - 'Dancing By the Light of the Moon'
- An Evening with Opera Soprano Marion Wilman and Friends
Peter Caddick-Adams - A New History of D-Day
Monday 3rd June
Peter Caddick - Adams account of the Allied invasion of France in June 1944 Sand and Steel gives us the background to Operation Overlord, and the lesser known Operation Dragoon - the invasion of the southern France between then arguably the greatest and most consequential military operation of modern times, beginning with the years of painstaking and costly preparation, through to the pitched battles fought along France's north and south coasts and the push east. Peter covers all the elements of D-Day, and to reveal in full what lay behind eventual Allied victory in Europe.
The Allied invasion of Europe involved mind-boggling logistics, including orchestrating the largest flotilla of ships ever assembled. Its strategic and psychological demands stretched the Allies to their limits, testing the strengths of the bonds of Anglo-American leadership.
Peter's talk draws on first-hand battlefield research, fresh personal testimony, and a commanding grasp of all the archives and literature. Join us for a special 3 course lunch, glass of wine and discover the extraordinary tales of D-Day.
1230 Pre lunch drink
1300 Three course lunch
1430 Book sales/signing
Non residential price £75 to include;
Arrival coffee, talk by Peter Caddick Adams, pre lunch drink, three course lunch with a glass of wine, coffee and chocolates.
Set Lunch Menu
Pressing of Smoked Ham Hock
charred pineapple, crispy quail egg (Ce,D,E,G,Mu,SD)
*(v) Salad of Heritage Tomato
goats curd, basil, olive (Ce,D,SD)
Corn Fed Chicken
confit potato, sweetcorn, chorizo, gem lettuce (Ce,D,S,SD)
*(v) Potato Terrine
sweetcorn, oyster mushroom, ricotta, gem lettuce (Ce,D,SD)
White Chocolate Delice
raspberry basil (D,E,G,N,SD)
Tea/coffee and chocolates
Allergy Key – [C] Crustaceans, [Ce] Celery, [D] Dairy, [E] Eggs, [F] Fish, [P] Peanuts,
[G] Gluten [L] Lupin, [N] Nuts, [Mo] Molluscs, [Mu] Mustard, [S] Soya, [SD] Sulphur Dioxide, [Se] Sesame Seeds
Please advise us if you wish to order the vegetarian option or have any dietary requirements no later than 1 week prior to the event.
Dress Code: Smart/Casual (jackets preferred for gentlemen)
Guests will be seated at banqueting tables of 10/12 for the talk and lunch.