Accessibility at Chewton Glen
At Chewton Glen, we treat our guests as individuals and therefore we have a range of facilities catering for people of all abilities. The facilities at our luxury hotel in the New Forest are designed to be disabled-friendly, providing full access for our guests.
For local walking routes accessible by all, please click here >>
Please see details of accessibility at Chewton Glen below:
- Drop off point at the front door for wheelchair access/two designated disabled parking spaces close to the hotel
- Porter assistance for both cars and luggage
- Level entry to the main hotel, lounges and bar
- Access to the restaurant and ground floor rooms via 1 small step
- Portable ramps available for access to restaurant and ground floor rooms
- Disabled cloakroom (through the restaurant)
- Main cloakrooms via 3 low steps
- 14 ground floor rooms, accessible via small step/ ramp
- Handles by bath and in shower cubicle
- Disabled access room containing the following; wider door, easy access to the terrace, lower level switches, controls and amenities, multi-rail system for installation of rails in the shower, grab rails in the bathroom, pull cords for alarms in the bathroom, strobe lights and vibrating pillows for hard of hearing, adjustable hanging rail in the wardrobe and wardrobe safe at a lower level.
- Disabled changing room in Health Club
- "Stair-climber" for spa stairs
- Pool Hoist for Both Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- Staff trained in disability awareness
- Allergy-free pillows and duvets are available
- Acceptance of assistance dogs
- Catering for dietary requirements
Regrettably, the hotel does not have a lift.