COVID-19 Precautions and Procedures
Our Commitment to you
We are delighted that we are open and welcoming guests back to the house again.
We realise that for many of you there are some concerns when it comes to staying at the hotel but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can ‘Escape with Confidence’ and with this in mind we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that Iconic Luxury Hotels have implemented.
If the information below, does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01425 275341 or emailing us at email@example.com
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Chewton Glen soon.
Iconic Luxury Hotels have always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level across all aspects of our hotel operations.
The changes we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry-specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all of our stakeholders - our guests, our team and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
Chewton Glen is and will remain private.
To be present on the property, you either need to be a guest, a staff member or a pre-authorised (and health-screened) partner. With only 72 bedrooms, each designed with privacy in mind, and all of which are set on 130 acres, we are ideally suited to allow for more space, naturally.
General Practices & Protocols, Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection Policies
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
Our Valued Guests
- You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival. If you are receiving this email on behalf of your household or party, please complete one form per household or party.
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you, unfortunately, you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Face coverings will be required in all public areas
- Hotel residents will receive an amenity kit on arrival, which includes sanitisers, wipes and face covering (if in line with Government Guidelines)
- Your car will not be valet parked so you will be required to park your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- We have placed individual amenity bottles in bedrooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Please utilise the interactive Crave tablet to communicate with our team as much as possible
- Cash will not be accepted unless arranged by prior agreement
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one-way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant, spa, toilets)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, TV Remote, Crave units)
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries
- We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group and event bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it 24 hours prior to arrival
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you will be refused entry
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- For July and August, our restaurants are open for lunch guests only. We are closed for afternoon tea and dinner to non-residents.
- Inside our restaurants, we will only be accommodating a maximum of 6 per table.
- If your party is over 6 people, you will be required to sit on separate tables to adhere to the guidelines set out by the UK Government.
- Lunch bookings must be booked in advance
- For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details for all guests attending either on booking or on arrival
- On arrival at the restaurant, you will be required to have your temperature checked. If your temperature is 38 degrees or over, you will be asked to return home
- We ask that if you feel unwell, you do not come to the Restaurant or Hotel
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and expanded our outdoor spaces and food offerings
- We have expanded dining hours during higher occupancy periods
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- We have suspended all buffets. Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu
- There will be more ‘to go’ options in our food and beverage outlets
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitized after each use
- We will not accept cash payments unless arranged by prior agreement
- We will use batched cocktails/ingredients where possible to limit the handling of products
- We have expanded our in-room dining and outside picnic offering
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
- Single-use menus will be in place across all outlets excluding our outdoor outlets, these will have wipeable menus which will be wiped and sanitised after each use
General Practices & Protocols, The Spa, Guest Experience & Activities
- The outdoor pool will be open for residents only from 11th July and will operate on a first come first served basis
- The indoor pools, gym and indoor exercise classes will be available from 25th July for residents and members only
- The indoor pools will operate on a first come first served basis operating a one in one out policy
- The gym will be bookable in advance
- The indoor pool will be available for residents from 8.30am and members will be able to access the indoor pools exclusively from 6.30am – 8.30am
- Children's swim times must be pre-booked within the slots available (09.00-10.30hrs and 16.00-17.30hrs). This service will be exclusive to families only and will work on a first come, first served basis and must be booked in advance.
- Our saunas and steam rooms remain closed until further notice
- Manicures and pedicures will be available to book from 15th July for members and residents only
- Massage and body treatments will be available to book from 25th July for members and residents only
- We will open our spa for spa days from 7th September
- Before entering the spa your temperature will be checked and if it is 38 degrees or over you will be refused entry
- All areas of the spa will be disinfected on a regular basis
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place in the entrance of all areas in the spa and health club
- Gym equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use; either by the guest or by health club attendant. A validation method will be in place
- Signage and a procedure will be in place to ensure social distancing is followed
- In spa treatment rooms, all surfaces and fixtures will be disinfected between each client.
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur.
- Treatment rooms will be allocated per therapist and electrostatic sanitisation of all common areas and treatment rooms will take place daily
- All tools and equipment will be sanitised after each client (e.g. combs, brushes, hairpins, rollers).
- Work out mats will be removed
- We will only offer bottled water
- We will remove all reading material
- You will be given a towel and robe when you check into the spa
- Class sizes will be reduced
- Valet parking will be suspended until further notice
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- Babysitting will be suspended until further notice
- Kids club will be available but outside only (Weather dependent)
- Group activities such as duck herding etc. will be provided within the social distancing regulations
- Please be advised that bikes can be arranged at reception, and are subject to availability. They are sanitised in between use.
- Games and cards are available to purchase from our boutique.
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members
- When using hotel transport all team members and guests will be required to wear a face-covering
Our team's commitment to you
We are delighted to announce that we have now been presented with the We're Good To Go certification. The accreditation is the official UK mark to signal the efforts put in place by our team and shows that as a business we have worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It also confirms that we have appropriate processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- All team members are required to:-
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
- We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings
- We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Chewton Glen you commit to:
Complete your Guest Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry. We cannot accept reservations from guests who have been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days. You will be asked to confirm this on your Health Questionnaire prior to arrival.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
In addition to hand sanitisers placed throughout, we will provide a guest amenity kit that includes hand sanitizer, masks, and additional sanitisation wipes.
We ask that when and where appropriate, that you make use of the kits. We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.